Today is you lucky day! So far I have done two posts today including this one which is way more than normal. In this post I will be honestly answering 55 questions related to reading. I did not create this idea. Literary Lollipop is the creator and her link and a blank template just in case you want to try this is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2sBycqMoR7X0x3YnRoUHVFaXc/view?usp=docslist_api
Let’s get it started!
1. Favourite childhood book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
2. What are you reading right now? Gone Crazy in Alabama by Rita Williams-Garcia
3. What books do you have on request at the library? None at the moment
4. Bad book habit? Being super picky about what I read.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Too many books (6-7) to name.
6. Do you have an e-reader? Nope. I like the cold hard copy!
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? During the school year I can be reading up to 3-4 books. Now I read two at a time.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Nope not at all. I still read a mountain load of books.
9.Least favourite book you read this year: For the most part I think I’ve liked all the books I’ve read this year.
10. Favourite book I’ve read this year: Way too many to type but if I had to give you one I would say Paper Towns by John Green.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Maybe 5% if that. I like to stay in my comfort zone.
12. What is your reading comfort zone? Fiction. Genres like Animals/pets, Action/Adventure and Fantasy.
13. Can you read on the bus? Nope! I can’t read in anything that’s moving. I start to feel very nauseous.
14. Favourite place to read: My bed
15. What’s your policy on book lending? I don’t lend books but that’s just because all my friends like different kinds of books. I would be fine lending a book as long as I get it back in good condition.
16. Do you dogear your books? Yes.
17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? Nope. Most of the books I read are from the library and the ones I own I don’t like to write in.
18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? Not too sure but I’m going to say no.
19. What is your favourite language to read? English because it’s really all I understand.
20. What makes you love a book? Great characters and lots of detail.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? I always recommend books on my blog. If I think a book is good I recommend it.
22. Favourite genre: Adventure
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did): Historic Fiction. I’m currently reading a book in this genre and I’m loving it so far.
24. Favourite Biography: I don’t think I’ve read a biography.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?) The only self help book that comes to mind is Minecraft Handbooks lol! So I guess not.
26. Favourite Cookbook: I don’t really know how to cook and don’t read cookbooks
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction): Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
28. Favorite reading snack: I don’t really eat while I read.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience: I don’t think hype has ruined my reading experience.
30. How often do you agree with the critics about about a book? I almost always agree with critics unless it’s completely untrue.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I don’t normally give bad reviews but I would if necessary.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? Spanish.
33. Most intimidating book I’ve read: I don’t think I’ve been intimidated by a book.
34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin: Allegiant by Veronica Roth
35. Favorite Poet: Not too into poetry.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? 4-8 books.
37. How often do you return books to the library unread? Almost never unless it ends up being almost overdue.
38. Favorite fictional character: I have many, too many to count. I would say that I love Hazel Grace Lancaster and Margo Roth Spiegelman
39. Favorite fictional villain: I’m more for the good guys 🙂
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: A book that I’ve been recently reading.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: When I first started reading around 1st grade I probably didn’t read as much as I did now. Otherwise I read all the time.
42. Name a book you could/would not finish: I finish most books I start.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Loud noises and people talking.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel: Paper Towns
45. Most disappointing film adaptation: The Fault in Our Stars
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: 20 dollars
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Always
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book? I’d i just wasn’t “feeling it”
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? I try, but my bookcase is overflowing.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they been read? I normally check out library books so of course I have to return books from there. I keep the books I buy though endless they’re books I don’t read anymore.
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding? Fan girl and the rest of the Divergent series.
52. Name a book that made you angry: Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan. The characters were treated so unfairly because of their poverty.
53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did: Smile
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t: I always like books I read most of the time so nothing comes to mind.
55. Favorite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading: So many books that I can’t name just one!
Thanks to Cynthia Dawn for showing me this! http://www.cynthiadawn.net
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the 3 Days 3 Quotes Challange that will be coming to you ASAP!
No posts tomorrow most likely. Suppose to be hot here so I’m heading to the river.
~Makayla the Bookworm 🙂