Hello everyone! Today is the day that I will be starting to participate in Top Ten Tuesday’s. Top Ten Tuesday’s is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. A huge shoutout to them, you should check them out and follow them by email since they have a Blogger blog. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme where you list a total of 10 things (or less) using the topic provided. It’s a simple but fun weekly event that anyone can participate in.
Topic of the week: Top Ten Books that would be on your syllabus if you taught X 101.
You replace the X with whatever genre of book you’d like to cover.
Top Ten Books on my Syllabus.
1. Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and other scary things by Lenore Look.
An amazing and funny book series about a boy named Alvin whose afraid of everything.
2. I Funny by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein. A book series about a boy in a wheelchair who dreams of becoming a comedian and tells great jokes
3. Middle School Book series by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein. An amazingly funny book series about a boy named Rafe whose on a mission to cause as much havoc as possible.
4. Dear Dumb Diary series by Jim Benton (?). A great series about a funny girl named Jamie Kelly who has amazing adventures and a crazy imagination.
5. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney. A series about a boy named Greg Heffley who’s trying to make it through Middle School with his immature friend Rowley Jefferson.
6. The Pigeon Picturebook series by Mo Willems. A picture books series about a pigeon who just can’t get his way no matter what he does.
7. Wayside School series by Louis Sacher. A book series about a 30 storied school full of mysterious and silly secrets.
8.The BFG by Roald Dahl. A book about a huge giant who finds a little girl named Sophia peering out at him in the dark of night. Be ready for a bit of made up words and silly humor.
9. Calvin and Hobbes Comics by Bill Waterson. A silly comic book series about a boy and his tiger friend who go on adventures together.
10. My Life as a series by Jake and Janet Tashjian. A book series drawn in pictures following a interesting boy on his adventures.
Yes, as you can tell these are all children’s/preteen books. This would be Humor 101: Kids edition.
I hope you enjoyed my first go at Top Ten Tuesday’s. Let me know what you thought below!
Thanks for reading and Stay tuned for more 😀
~Makayla the Bookworm 🙂
One thought on “Top Ten Tuesday’s: Humor 101 for Children”