Hey everyone! It’s Tuesday and that means it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! I hope you guys are having a great week 🙂 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful people @ The Broke and the Bookish. You definitely need to check them out if you haven’t already. This week’s theme is pretty simple:
Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
Since I don’t always read new releases, it’ll be older releases.
Ten New Releases (2016 and before)
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (Released in September 2015)
Great book full of love, longing and a major plot twist!
2. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (Published March of 2010)
This was an amazing book about grief, a love triangle and family.
3. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson (Released September of 2014)
The second book by Jandy Nelson. A great book about twins who both fall in love with very different people. Something happens that tears them apart. Read the book to find out if they become close again.
4. Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg (Released in May of 2013)
This is a great book about a boy who goes back into the closet when he goes to a all boys boarding school. Find out if his secret comes out.
5. Rules for Stealing the Stars by Corey Ann Haydu (Released in September of 2015)
A great book about a little sister who is always shunned by her sisters. When her troubled and alcoholic mom finally snaps and yells at Silly, she finally gets to see what her big sisters are up to.
6. Space Case by Stuart Gibbs (Released in September of 2014)
A book about a boy who lives on the moon. The book follows his crazy adventures and what he encounters.
7. Spaced Out by Stuart Gibbs (Released in April of 2016)
This is the sequel to Space Case. The crazy adventures continue in this great book 🙂
8. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (Released in February of 2013)
A book about a classic teen relationship. The girl has a abusive stepfather and the boy has grown up in a rich family. It’s definitely a must read.
9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Released in September of 2013)
A love story between a cute Starbucks employee and a shy fanfiction writer. Another must read by Rainbow Rowell.
10. Hour of the Bees by Lindsay Edgar (Released in March of 2016)
A book about a girl who makes a journey through a dessert to help her grandpa who she’s never met. Oh, and her grandpa has dementia so he frequently has episodes.
That’s a wrap! Have you read any of these books? Let me know what you thought of them.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for next week’s Top Ten Tuesday!
~Makayla the Bookworm 😀