Hey everyone! It’s Monday and that means it’s Memorial Day. What are you doing to celebrate? Let me know! As you might’ve guessed by the title, I am doing the I Messed Up Book Tag. I was unofficially tagged by the amazing Catia @ The Girl Who Reads Too Much! Go check her out! A shout out to anyone who has done this tag and also officially or unofficially tagged me for this. Thank you 🙂 Let’s get started!
1) A Character Appearance You Misread or Imagined Differently.
Oh gosh, I misread and imagine characters differently all the time. For the sake of this question though, I’m going to say… Hazel from TFIOS. I always pictured her differently.
2) A Character Name That You’ve Been Pronouncing Wrong.
This wasn’t too recently. When I recently read Harry Potter for the first time, I pronounced Hermione’s name wrong in my head.
3) An Overused Trope that is Your Guilty Pleasure.
I honestly had to look up trope. I realize that I have a thing for people following in love at first sight. I can’t get enough. It makes the story so adorable and amazing.
4) A Cliché Character Type That You Like Better On Screen than Reading About:
I honestly have no idea. I don’t watch many book to film adaptions so I can’t honestly answer this.
5) A Word/Phase You Learned Because of It’s Use in a Book:
There are so many words/phases I’ve learned. One of them is Muggle from the Harry Potter series. This might not count since it’s not a “real” series but who cares?
6) Have You Ever Not Read or Completed a Required Reading Book for School?
I must be too much of a good student. I always complete every required book and stay right with the class. I also do all the required assignments that go with it.
7) Have You Ever (or Wanted to) Skip a Chapter from the Point of View of a Charcter You Weren’t Interested In?
I don’t think this counts as a POV but I wanted to skip the fan fiction parts of Fangirl. I just wanted to get to more of Cath and Levi!
8) Have You Ever Cancelled Social Plans to Read a Book?
This is going to sound sad but no because I don’t normally have social plans 😦
What an awesome tag! Since I’m not good about remembering/knowing who has done this, I tag Everyone! You are all amazing people but everyone has messed up. Link your post of this in the comments so I can’t see what you’ve messed up on!
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more tags! Happy Memorial Day 🙂
~Makayla the Bookworm 😀